This page lists frequently encountered problems and how to report or solve them.
There are thousands of SIP devices on the market, for how to configure them we advise you to consult the support forum of the device manufacturer. Do not open a ticket related to how a particular device is configured.
Some people have contributed with their settings in here
You must check the log of your particular SIP device for the packets is sending out and is receiving back from the network to troubleshoot such problems.
You can retrieve or check the log of SIP session from sip2sip servers. To report a problem about failed sessions, you must identify it and provide it together with your support request.
Login using your SIP account credentials to the sip setting page SIP account settings page. Go to History Tab. Each call has a Trace link, click on it to obtain the detailed logs of each call.
To help us understand what may be the cause, you must do the following checks using Blink SIP Client on MacOSX or Windows:
- Check if your volume is set right. Dial 3333, you should hear some music playing
- Check if your microphone works. Call 4444 echo test number
- Check if you can call another SIP2SIP info account if audio works both ways
PSTN Caller Id¶
You may request the assignment of a caller id for your outbound PSTN sessions by opening a ticket in the support system. The credentials to login to the support system are available in the support tab of the account settings page
Beware that the caller id number may not always be presented always correctly, it depends on the behavior of the downstream PSTN gateways.
If you experience poor quality to PSTN destinations, we can report the problem to our upstream gateway providers. There is no guarantee that a PSTN termination problem will or can be solved but it helps us improve the service quality if we know when and what fails.
If you consider that you have been charged incorrectly for a PSTN outbound call you can request a refund. Please provide the session id when you open a ticket. You can locate the cost for each session and a link to the session details in the Credit tab of your SIP account settings page.
For the payments you make with your credit card the following rules apply:
- We will refund your payments in the first 30 days without any question if you have not used the credit. If you have used partially your credit we wil refund the remaining balance and charge a 5 USD administration fee
- We can guarantee the deposits you make for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase